AmEx’s Cash Magnet card offers a $250 bonus and 1.5 percent back on every purchase
The editorial content
below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not
driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you
click on links to products from our partners. Learn
more about our advertising policy
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
American Express has launched a flat-rate cash back card that lets cardholders earn up to $250 back. In addition to the introductory bonus, the no-fee Cash Magnet card offers an unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase.
New Cash Magnet cardholders will earn a $150 statement credit when they spend $1,000 in the first three months, and an additional $100 statement credit when they spend an extra $6,500 in the first 12 months – for a total of $250 in the first year.
|American Express Cash Magnet card|
Why use it?
Cardholders who want a simplified approach to earning rewards can benefit from the Cash Magnet card’s flat-rate rewards structure. Additionally, if you plan to transfer or carry a balance, the card’s long introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers make it ideal.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
At first glance, $7,500 may appear to be a high spend requirement to receive the total bonus. However, since we estimate that the standard cardholder spends $15,900 each year on dining, gas, clothes and general purchases, the average consumer shouldn’t have a difficult time reaching the spend threshold.
Cash Magnet benefits
Cash Magnet cardholders can take advantage of a variety of benefits and services available to American Express card members, including:
- Pay It – With this payment tool, cardholders can lower their statement balance by paying off smaller purchase amounts as soon as they appear on their bill.
- Plan It – The Plan It feature lets you set up monthly payments for large purchases for a fixed monthly fee instead of incurring interest charges.
- Travel benefits – Card members have access to a variety of travel perks, including car rental loss and damage insurance, the Global Assist Hotline, emergency roadside assistance and travel accident insurance.
- Shopping benefits – Shopping perks include extended warranties, purchase protection, return protection and complimentary ShopRunner membership.
Should you apply?
If you’re interested in earning rewards on every purchase but don’t want the hassle of dealing with rotating bonus categories or complicated rewards structures, the Cash Magnet card could be a good fit for you. In addition to its generous 1.5 percent cash back rate on every purchase, the opportunity to earn a $250 bonus is icing on the cake.
- Redeeming your credit card rewards for moments and experiences – We have compiled an ongoing list of experiences and moments that can be purchased or bid on using credit cards rewards or cash ...
- MOGL dining rewards program guide – The MOGL dining rewards program includes a charitable twist and offers easy access to your cash back ...
- New Air France-KLM card offers 25,000 bonus miles – Bank of America and Air France-KLM have partnered to launch a co-branded airline rewards card. Along with its 25,000-mile sign-up bonus, the new Air France KLM World Elite Mastercard offers bonus miles on every purchase ...