AmEx’s Cash Magnet card offers a $150 bonus and 1.5 percent back on every purchase
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date. Some of the offers mentioned below may no longer available. Please review our list of best credit cards to find our current offers, or use our CardMatch tool to find cards matched to your needs.
The American Express Cash Magnet™ Card is a no-fee card that lets cardholders earn $150 back. In addition to the introductory bonus, the flat-rate card offers an unlimited 1.5 percent cash back on every purchase.
New Cash Magnet cardholders will earn a $150 statement credit when they spend $1,000 in the first three months.
|American Express Cash Magnet™ card|
Why use it?
Cardholders who want a simplified approach to earning rewards can benefit from the Cash Magnet card’s flat-rate rewards structure. Additionally, if you plan to transfer or carry a balance, the card’s long introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers make it ideal.
|Estimated Yearly Rewards Value ($15,900 spend)
At $1,000, the spend threshold required to receive the introductory bonus is relatively low. Since we estimate that the standard cardholder spends $15,900 each year on dining, gas, clothes and general purchases, the average consumer shouldn’t have a difficult time reaching the spend threshold in the first three months of card membership.
Cash Magnet benefits
Cash Magnet cardholders can take advantage of a variety of benefits and services available to American Express card members, including:
- Pay It – With this payment tool, cardholders can lower their statement balance by paying off smaller purchase amounts as soon as they appear on their bill.
- Plan It – The Plan It feature lets you set up monthly payments for large purchases for a fixed monthly fee instead of incurring interest charges.
- Travel benefits – Card members have access to a variety of travel perks, including car rental loss and damage insurance, the Global Assist Hotline, emergency roadside assistance and travel accident insurance.
- Shopping benefits – Shopping perks include extended warranties, purchase protection, return protection and complimentary ShopRunner membership.
Should you apply?
If you’re interested in earning rewards on every purchase but don’t want the hassle of dealing with rotating bonus categories or complicated rewards structures, the Cash Magnet card could be a good fit for you. In addition to its generous 1.5 percent cash back rate on every purchase, the opportunity to earn a $150 bonus is icing on the cake.
- A guide to the HawaiianMiles Online Mall – By clicking through to your favorite retailer via the Hawaiian Airlines shopping portal, you can earn Hawaiian miles on top of other rewards and discounts ...
- Chase to offer 100K bonus points with new Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card – Launching Feb. 28, 2019, the upgraded Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card will offer new cardholders 100,000 bonus points when they spend $5,000 in the first three months for a limited time ...
- Chase Offers program guide – You could be earning extra rewards on the spending you already do ...