Our guide to to the AA shopping portal shows you how to use and maximize the site to stack up extra AAdvantage miles.
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy.
The content on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of the offers mentioned may have expired. Please see the bank’s website for the most current version of card offers; and please review our list of best credit cards, or use our CardMatch™ tool to find cards matched to your needs.
Although branded credit cards are a popular way to score free flights with your favorite airline, travelers don’t have to pay steep annual fees or risk racking up interest charges to satisfy their wanderlust. For example, if American Airlines is your airline of choice, one way to build your miles balance is to sign up for its AAdvantage eShopping Mall. With hundreds of retailers available at the click of a button, you can shop from the comfort of home and accelerate your mileage earnings at the same time.
What is American Airlines AAdvantage eShopping Mall?
How to join AAdvantage eShopping
- Join AAdvantage. Before you can take advantage of AAdvantage eShopping, you’ll first need to enroll in the American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer program, if you haven’t already.
- Enroll in AAdvantage eShopping. With your AAdvantage account number handy, register at the AAdvantage eShopping website at no charge. You’ll need to provide your name and email and create a password for logging in.
- Register your cards. Before you can start earning miles, you’ll need to register the debit and/or credit cards you’re most likely to use with the AAdvantage eShopping portal.
- You’re all set!
How to use AAdvantage eShopping
Using the AAdvantage eShopping program to earn American Airlines miles is as easy as visiting the portal’s website and logging in with your AAdvantage member number and password. Then click on the online stores, offers or categories to search for products that interest you. You’ll be redirected to the store’s website to complete your purchase.
Besides earning miles, AAdvantage eShopping members periodically benefit from special offers, which they can use to earn bonus miles, free shipping and other perks. (Note: Outside coupons typically can’t be used in conjunction with the online portal.) Remember, going directly to a retailer’s website or physical store location means you won’t earn miles on what you buy. You’ll also need to pay using one of your pre-registered debit or credit cards, otherwise your mileage earnings won’t be credited to your AAdvantage frequent flier account.
How many miles can you earn with AAdvantage eShopping?
Similar to the AAdvantage Dining program, the number of miles you can earn with AAdvantage eShopping depends on the store and how much you spend. For example, retailers sometimes offer bonus miles only when you spend a certain amount.
However, a quick scan of the portal shows that most purchases are worth anywhere from 1-5 miles per $1 spent, although some partners offer much more. Per the program’s terms and conditions, there’s no guaranteed number of miles, and both participating retailers and the miles they offer can change daily.
Once you make a purchase, your frequent flyer miles should be credited to your account within six to eight weeks. If you think you’re missing rewards, you can log in to your account and fill out a missing rewards form.
How to maximize AAdvantage eShopping
- Upload all of your debit and credit card numbers to your account. That way, you won’t miss out on accruing miles by accidentally using a card you didn’t register with AAdvantage eShopping.
- Opt in to marketing emails to stay up-to-date on the latest AAdvantage mileage earning opportunities, special deals and discounts.
- Install the AAdvantage eShopping button to get reminders to earn miles at store sites, see mileage offers in your search results and view your recent mileage earnings.
- Check the AAdvantage eShopping website before buying anything online to see if your retailer of choice participates in the program.
- Be sure to enter any required AAdvantage eShopping coupon codes when completing your purchase.
- When you’re in the eShopping portal, organize participating stores by earn rate (versus name) to see which retailers offer the biggest bang for your buck.
- Update your account with any new cards. Keep your AAdvantage eShopping account up-to-date with your debit and credit card numbers, including any replacements you’ve requested if one was lost or stolen.
- Check your AAdvantage frequent flyer account regularly to ensure your miles are properly credited. If you don’t see a purchase on your activity statement, you’ll need to contact AAdvantage eShopping and provide any requested documentation for verification.
AAdvantage eShopping sign-up bonus
From now through Nov. 18, AAdvantage eShopping miles can earn up to 4,000 bonus miles based on minimum spending requirements. You’ll accrue 500 bonus miles when you spend $150; 2,000 when you spend $600; and 4,000 when you spend $1,200. It’s the perfect time to start making dents in your holiday shopping list!
Best credit cards to use with AAdvantage eShopping?
American Airlines currently offers 10 co-branded credit cards from three different issuers, all of which can help you amass miles at a quicker rate when used in conjunction with the AAdvantage eShopping program. Some examples include:
|Credit Card||Rewards for Shopping||Annual Fee|
|Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®|
This offer is no longer available.
|1 mile per dollar||$450|
|Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®||1 mile per dollar||$99, $0 first year|
|AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard||1 mile per dollar||$95|
|American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card|
This offer is no longer available.
|1 point per dollar with a 50% bonus when you make 30+ purchases per month||$0|
|AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite Mastercard||1 point per dollar||$95|
AAdvantage eShopping partners
More than 850 retailers participate in the AAdvantage eShopping program – everything from national chains like Macy’s and Kohl’s to specialty stores such as Diane von Furstenberg and Nordstrom. Merchant categories include:
- Shoes (New Balance, Foot Locker, Adidas)
- Furniture and Decor (Pier 1, Home Depot, Big Lots!)
- Food and Dining (Omaha Steaks, Wine.com, Blue Apron)
- Travel and Luggage (Holiday Inn, Booking.com, Holiday Inn)
- Computers and Electronics (Microsoft, Samsung, Dell)
Visit the AAdvantage eShopping website to view the full list of categories and retailers.
Using the AAdvantage eShopping program is really a no-brainer for any American Airlines enthusiast, current AAdvantage member or would-be jetsetter. Check out the AAdvantage Dining program for another easy way to build up your AAdvantage balance and get to that next reward flight quickly.
Related stories: What are American Airlines miles worth?, Best ways to redeem AAdvantage miles, Which American Airlines credit card is best for you?, Best ways to earn AAdvantage miles, American Airlines partners, American Airlines elite status, Admirals Club membership, Booking a flight with AAdvantage miles