Sears Mastercard holders earn more 'Shop Your Way' rewards through the holidays
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Sears and Citi recently announced a limited-time promotion that brings additional rewards-based savings to Sears Mastercard holders, in time for the holiday season. The “5-3-2-1” promotion, which offers special category-based bonuses on Sears “Shop Your Way” points, runs from Nov. 1, 2016 through Dec. 31, 2017.
Sears Mastercard holders whose cards are linked to the Shop Your Way program automatically earn rewards points based on the following model:
- 5 points per dollar on eligible gas station purchases
- 3 points per dollar on eligible grocery store and restaurant purchases
- $10,000 limit on combined purchases for gas station, grocery store and restaurant bonuses -- 1 point per dollar on purchases in these categories thereafter
- 2 points per dollar on eligible Sears and Kmart purchases
- 1 point per dollar on all other eligible purchases
The Sears Mastercard, which is offered by Citi, does not have a minimum points-redemption threshold for the Shop Your Way program, and allows a cardholder to view his or her earned points online or through the Shop Your Way app. The points can then be instantly redeemed for savings on a variety of purchases, ranging from small ticket items such as fast food to large items such as kitchen appliances, at Sears, Kmart, Sears.com, Kmart.com and shopyourway.com. Edward S. Lampert, Chairman and CEO of Sears Holdings, explained in a press release, “This offer delivers the highest value on those categories that are most important to consumers and provides cardholders with the opportunity to earn considerably more Shop Your Way points in more places.”
For additional savings, cardholders can combine rewards points with offers from more than 11,000 Shop Your Way partners, including Uber, Best Buy, Budget Rent-A-Car, Groupon and Starbucks. A complete and up-to-date list of Shop Your Way partners can be viewed by visiting shopyourway.com/partners.
Shopping your way
A current Sears Mastercard holder can begin taking advantage of the 5-3-2-1 offer on Nov. 1 by linking his or her credit card to a Shop Your Way account. New and existing Shop Your Way members will have access to the program early next year. Shop Your Way branded cards will receive a new design and be issued to members beginning in March 2017.
While a large variety of items are eligible for points redemption through Shop Your Way, some purchases -- such as prescriptions, alcohol, gift cards, shipping charges and purchases from Sears or Kmart auctions on eBay -- are not. For a full list of ineligible purchases, view the Shop Your Way program terms and conditions.
- Guide to the Bank of America® Cash Rewards card – Learn how to use and maximize the cash back rewards program on the Bank of America Cash Rewards card ...
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs. American Express Premier Rewards Gold: – When choosing between the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card, it's important to consider what you're looking for in a card and how much you're willing to pay for extra perks and services ...
- AmEx’s new Cash MagnetSM card offers a $300 bonus and 1.5 percent back on every purchase – American Express has launched a new, flat-rate cash back card that lets cardholders earn up to $300 back for a limited time ...