Credit card disputes go mobile for Citi cardholders
The editorial content below is based solely on the objective assessment of our writers and is not driven by advertising dollars. However, we do receive compensation when you click on links to products from our partners. Learn more about our advertising policy
Citi announced the launch of a new feature today that allows card members to dispute certain charges using a mobile device. As the first major U.S. credit card issuer to offer this technology, Citi hopes to provide customers with a seamless and transparent solution to the otherwise stressful task of reporting an incorrect credit card charge.
“Citi is making great strides in transforming our servicing model and providing card members the ability to perform key banking tasks in their channel of choice,” Alice Milligan, chief customer and digital experience officer for Citi Global Cards and Consumer Services, explained in a press release.
A Citi card member can dispute a credit card charge via the mobile app for a variety of reasons, including damaged items, returned goods and duplicate charges. Once the card member submits the dispute, he or she will be notified through the app that Citi is taking action, what the status of the action is, as well as what steps will take place next.
Milligan states, “With this new dispute functionality within our mobile app, we’re excited to further elevate the digital experience and reimagine what mobile banking looks like.”
Increased mobile functionality
In addition to the mobile dispute feature, Citi also launched the following enhancements to its mobile app today:
- Credit limit increase – A card member can request a higher credit limit via the app.
- Recurring charges – Card members can see the list of recurring charges that appear in his or her credit card account.
- Paperless statement enrollment – Card members can opt in to receive paperless statements directly through the app.
Although the mobile dispute functionality is currently only available to iPhone users, Citi plans to launch the feature for Android customers later this month.
- A guide to the Wells Fargo Go Far Rewards program – Though they get less press than other programs, Go Far Rewards offer solid redemption value and good redemption options -- our guide explains how to make the most of Wells Fargo rewards ...
- 8 ways to earn IHG points – You don't have to stay at an IHG hotel to rack up points ...
- Which IHG credit card is best for you? – Depending on how frequently you travel, either IHG credit card might make sense for you ...