Your keys to getting in the 700+ credit score club
Want in? Here's how
Having good credit pays -- in dollars and cents. In an ever-tightening credit market, having a solid credit history with a credit score well over 700 will open doors to money-saving opportunities from low-interest mortgages and loans to lower APR credit cards, better insurance rates and even jobs. If you're already reached the top, congratulations, but you need to know how to stay there. If you're on your way to the top, then there are a slew of tips that can help get you there faster.
CreditCards.com compiled this collection of articles to help you become and stay a 700-plus credit score member. Here's what you need to know:
- What's in a credit report?
- What makes up a credit score?
- Getting started on the right credit path
- How does your credit rating impact your life?
- How to maintain good credit
- Fixing credit mistakes
- What is a credit report?
- 10 things you must know about credit reports, credit scores
- The rules behind getting a free credit report
- How to read, understand your credit report
- What you need to know about your rights in credit reporting
What makes up a credit score?
- Components of your credit score
- Learn the ABCs of credit scores, credit scoring
- FICO 08: How new credit score formula will affect you
- Obsessing over your credit score
- How to keep credit scores up when card limits are slashed
- Consumers lose access to major credit score
- What VantageScores are, how they work
Getting started on the right credit path
- New citizen tips for building good credit
- Building a credit history without credit cards
- 10 ways students can build good credit
How does your credit rating impact your life?
- Keeping credit scores clean before you close on a home
- Credit checks for job applicants become more common
- Better credit can improve your job prospects
- Credit scores can impact auto insurance rates
How to maintain good credit
- 8 legitimate ways to improve your credit score now
- Higher limit or second card will impact your credit score
- Balance transfers impact your credit score
- Easy ways to boost your credit score
- Credit inquiries and your credit score
Fixing credit mistakes
- Surprise! Unexpected items can appear on a credit report
- Consumer credit report statement sample letters
- How to add a written statement to your credit report
- Patience is key to credit score repair
See related: Help for bad credit
- Chase considers rewarding customers for boosting credit scores – Chase CEO Jamie Dimon has hinted that his company might soon reward customers for improving their credit scores. Could other banks follow suit? ...
- Credit scores and your kids: How to explain to them what they are, how they work – It's never too early to start teaching your kids about money – and credit scores, experts say. These tips will make it easier for you to have this important conversation with your family ...
- New tools help take the guesswork out of improving credit scores – A growing number of banks, credit reporting companies and other financial services providers offer interactive credit scoring tools ...