The Capital One® Venture® Rewards card is a rewards card that offers consistent mile earning potential, as well as flexibility and protection as key components in its miles redemption and benefits programs. Here are the basics:
|Early Spend Bonus
||One-time 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 2x miles for every $1 USD spent
- No expiration date on rewards
- $59 per year after first year
- 12.9% - 22.9% purchase APR (Variable)
- 24.9% APR on cash advances (Variable)
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- $10 or 3% of the amount of a cash advance, whichever is greater
- Exclusive award-winning customer service
- Fraud Coverage - You're covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Travel upgrades and savings - Receive complimentary upgrades and special savings at hotels, resorts, and spas with your Visa Signature card.
- Complimentary concierge service - Enjoy assistance 24 hours a day, from home and when you travel, with Visa Signature Concierge.
- Special access to events - Your Visa Signature card gets you special access and preferred seating at popular sporting events, premier golf outings, and concerts.
- Shopping discounts - Take advantage of special discounts at top retailers and online merchants with your Visa Signature card.
- Travel & Emergency Assistance - Available 24/7 to help connect you with local emergency and assistance resources when you're away from home
- Emergency Card Services - If your credit card is lost or stolen, you can get an emergency card replacement and a cash advance.
- Warranty Manager/Extended Protection - provides you with valuable features to help manage, use, and even extend warranties of items purchased with your card.
- Auto Rental Insurance - use your card to rent an eligible vehicle and you’re covered for collision, damage, and loss
- Roadside Assistance - Take advantage of 24 hour toll-free dispatch to help with services like towing, fuel delivery, and more
- Lost Luggage Replacement - you may be eligible for reimbursement due to theft or misdirection
- Purchase Security - eligible purchases are replaced, repaired, or reimbursed for the first 90 days
- There is no balance transfer fee, however, there's also no introductory APR, so you'll only want to transfer your balance if Capital One's APR is lower than the rate on your existing balance. If you're looking for a Capital One card with an intro APR for balance transfers, check out the Capital One Card Finder Tool here!
- The card comes with a $59 annual fee, which is waived for the first year. Keep this is mind when reviewing the card perks and rewards.
- Miles earned as rewards through the Capital One® Venture® Card are fixed in value and not transferrable to your frequent flyer or frequent guest programs at airlines and hotels.
The Final Word:
The Capital One® Venture® Card is a great travel rewards card that allows you the freedom to redeem miles in a flexible manner, without expiration dates, earning limits, or blackout dates. As long as you're comfortable with a self-contained rewards program that does not give you option of transferring miles, the Capital One® Venture® Card is a worthy contender for your wallet space.