Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card Review
By: Sr. Product Analyst
Last update: March 10, 2015
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards card is a rewards card that offers consistent mile earning potential, as well as flexibility and protection as key components in its miles redemption and benefits programs. Here are the basics:
|Early Spend Bonus
||One-time 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- 2x miles for every $1 USD spent
- No expiration date on rewards
- $0 first year
- $59 per year after first year
- 12.9% - 22.9% purchase APR (variable)
- 24.9% APR on cash advances (variable)
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- $10 or 3% of the amount of a cash advance, whichever is greater
Helpful Links: Other cards from Capital One Credit card glossary
- Exclusive award-winning customer service
- Visa Signature® benefits like concierge and travel upgrades
- $0 Fraud Liability if your card is lost or stolen
- Receive complimentary upgrades and special savings at hotels, resorts, and spas with your Visa Signature card
- Enjoy personal assistance 24 hours a day, from home and when you travel, with Visa Signature Concierge
- Your Visa Signature card gets you special access and preferred seating at popular sporting events, premier golf outings, and concerts
- Take advantage of special discounts at top retailers and online merchants with your Visa Signature card
- 24-hour travel & emergency assistance gives you a replacement card and cash advance
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Extended warranty program
- Travel accident insurance
- Auto rental insurance—use your card to rent a car and you're covered for collision, damage and loss
- There is no balance transfer fee, however, there's also no introductory APR, so you'll only want to transfer your balance if Capital One's APR is lower than the rate on your existing balance. If you're looking for a Capital One card with an intro APR for balance transfers, check out the Capital One Card Finder Tool here!
- The card comes with a $59 annual fee, which is waived for the first year. Keep this is mind when reviewing the card perks and rewards.
- Miles earned as rewards through the Capital One® Venture® Card are fixed in value and not transferrable to your frequent flyer or frequent guest programs at airlines and hotels.
The Final Word:
The Capital One® Venture® Card is a great travel rewards card that allows you the freedom to redeem miles in a flexible manner, without expiration dates, earning limits, or blackout dates. As long as you're comfortable with a self-contained rewards program that does not give you option of transferring miles, the Capital One® Venture® Card is a worthy contender for your wallet space.
| Credit card basics & help
Report a complaint - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
All reviews are prepared by CreditCards.com staff. Opinions expressed there in are solely those of the reviewer. The information, including card rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review.