Help for bad credit: Dealing emotionally
Advice for maintaining relationships, confidence through hard financial times
By Anna Bleker
If a bad credit score keeps you up at night, wrecks your relationships or burns your confidence, you need to take steps to face, accept and change those three unsightly digits -- without losing your cool.
Learn how others have emotionally dealt with bad credit in the stories below.
- Q&A: Avis Cardella writes on shopping addiction
- Q&A with 'Hot (Broke) Messes' author Nancy Trejos
- Q&A with finance guru Jean Chatzky
- 8 times when it's best to ignore your credit score
Main story: Help for bad credit
Published: August 17, 2010
- Paid a charged-off debt; now what? – It’s not enough to just pay a charge-off and forget about it. There are some cases in which the information about the paid charge-off doesn’t get to the credit reporting agencies ...
- Tips, tools for setting up a side gig to get out of debt – A part-time job on the side can help increase income to pay off debt ...
- Recession foreclosures disappearing from credit reports – With their credit reports cleansed, "boomerang buyers" are returning to a still-depressed housing market ...