Help for bad credit: Dealing emotionally
Advice for maintaining relationships, confidence through hard financial times
By Anna Bleker
If a bad credit score keeps you up at night, wrecks your relationships or burns your confidence, you need to take steps to face, accept and change those three unsightly digits -- without losing your cool.
Learn how others have emotionally dealt with bad credit in the stories below.
- Q&A: Avis Cardella writes on shopping addiction
- Q&A with 'Hot (Broke) Messes' author Nancy Trejos
- Q&A with finance guru Jean Chatzky
- 8 times when it's best to ignore your credit score
Main story: Help for bad credit
Published: August 17, 2010
- Debt settlement: Is it right for you? – Settlement offers one solution to severe debt, but beware false promises and know the downsides ...
- Rejected for credit: When to take no for an answer – Being turned down can be crushing, but it can be a sign you need to take seriously ...
- Paid a charged-off debt; now what? – It’s not enough to just pay a charge-off and forget about it. There are some cases in which the information about the paid charge-off doesn’t get to the credit reporting agencies ...