Help for bad credit: Dealing emotionally
Advice for maintaining relationships, confidence through hard financial times
By Anna Bleker | Published: August 17, 2010
If a bad credit score keeps you up at night, wrecks your relationships or burns your confidence, you need to take steps to face, accept and change those three unsightly digits -- without losing your cool.
Learn how others have emotionally dealt with bad credit in the stories below.
- Q&A: Avis Cardella writes on shopping addiction
- Q&A with 'Hot (Broke) Messes' author Nancy Trejos
- Q&A with finance guru Jean Chatzky
- 8 times when it's best to ignore your credit score
Main story: Help for bad credit
- Bad credit? You’re still a target for identity thieves – Many consumers believe identity thieves won't touch them because of their poor credit. It's not true ...
- 4 questions to ask to score the best secured card – Know what to ask when shopping for a secured card to increase your chances to be approved while keeping your score intact ...
- Bad credit? Avoid credit checks with prepaid cellphone plans – Major carriers offer plans that allow you to bypass a dreaded credit check ...