Help for bad credit: Getting a credit card
Issuers have a bevy of products to help you rebuild your score
By Anna Bleker
You need a credit card to improve your credit score, but you need a good credit score to open a credit card account. If you're stuck in this frustrating cycle, don't give up. You can still get approved for a credit card account, with options including secured cards, subprime cards and adding a 100-word statement to your credit history.
Learn about these options in the articles below.
- Credit card options for those with bad credit
- Got bad credit? Know your bad credit credit card choices
- Options are limited for bad credit customers
- How to get a credit card if you have bad credit
- Low credit score? Good luck getting a new credit card, study says
Main story: Help for bad credit
Published: August 17, 2010
- Paid a charged-off debt; now what? – It’s not enough to just pay a charge-off and forget about it. There are some cases in which the information about the paid charge-off doesn’t get to the credit reporting agencies ...
- Tips, tools for setting up a side gig to get out of debt – A part-time job on the side can help increase income to pay off debt ...
- Recession foreclosures disappearing from credit reports – Those who lost homes in 2009 could soon see a return to homeownership ...