We're always looking for talented people. If you are a web developer, database expert or web marketing
professional, we want to hear from you. Send us an email indicating the role you are interested in.
See all open positions
Use LinkedIn to see who you know that works at CreditCards.com
Austin based. Global reach.
From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others,
including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, LendingTree and Nasdaq.
We love being part of the Austin community. Discover what makes Austin a great place to live!
Big-company stability. Start-up attitude.
Now part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we can offer the
benefits and stability of a large, profitable organization.
maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus
that were foundational to our success.
Our culture and people
We're a small but energetic team that truly values work/life balance. The 60 (-ish) of us enjoy regular outings
together - happy hours, grown-up spelling bees, paint ball and even a little karaoke. All this, and a
Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position you are applying for
in the subject line.
- Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
- My SQL Data Engineer
- Dev Ops Engineer
Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
The Austin division of a nationwide, publicly held marketing and technology company is seeking a full-time,
experienced Software Developer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Our ideal candidate is a Java/PHP Software Developer with experience in designing, modeling, developing, debugging
and integrating software solutions in an enterprise environment. All candidates MUST have significant professional
experience developing complex, database-driven Java/PHP applications. This is a challenging position and is not
suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. Experience with SQL (MySQL experience is desirable) and Linux
(RH Linux/CentOS) is preferred.
The developer will be responsible for the creation of internet, mobile, and operations supporting applications that
display complex data sets, provide custom reports, integrate with other existing systems, and utilize best practice
techniques for high volume internet sites. The developer must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to find
the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant way. Reusable code is important, using object-oriented
design where possible. Functional tests will be written to validate the correctness of the code.
The Java/PHP Software Developer will work in a small group atmosphere adhering to source control, proper
documentation, and established coding standards. Candidate will also be required to interface with all levels of
management. Our preferred candidate is a detail oriented, trustworthy self-starter with good communication skills.
Candidates should be able to provide examples of web applications and/or frameworks that they have developed and be
prepared to discuss practical and theoretical consequences of design choices. This position is geared for a Senior
Developer looking to build skills to grow into a Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate has a passion for problem
- Bachelor's Degree or 4-7 years of programming experience
- Professional experience developing/architecting Java and PHP-based web applications
- SQL and a good knowledge of client-server architecture a must
- Knowledgeable in the use of Netbeans, Eclipse, CVS, and SSH
- Seeking understanding of graphic design, layout, and integration
- XML and XSLT knowledge
- A candidate with a multiple programming language background especially knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, C#,
C++, Python is preferred
- Experience administrating and configuring Apache in a Unix environment is a plus
- Strong database analysis and optimization skills a plus
- Proven experience designing browser-based GUIs, writing usability tests, and incorporating user feedback
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
My SQL Data Engineer
A privately held digital marketing and technology company in North Austin is seeking a full-time, experienced MySQL Data Engineer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Work/life balance, extreme growth, small company feel with the financial backing of a large company with great benefits!
You will be the liaison between our data science group and the system administrators to enable data access for a plethora of interesting projects.
Do you care what they use the data for? Do you want to become a subject matter expert in the data itself, to apply better semantic checks and structure the data more intelligently than anyone else? If yes and if you are a Data Engineer with strengths in a MySQL database environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- 3+ years experience managing MySQL in a High Availability environment
- Strong knowledge in dimensional and relational schema design, object oriented design and database
- Bachelors Degree or 5+ years' experience in managing MySQL in lieu of a degree
- Data extraction and optimization
- MySQL certification a plus
- PHP experience and development a plus
Dev Ops Engineer
CreditCards.com is building a Dev Ops team that is accountable for operational issues in the running and maintenance of product delivery model. We are seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer that can be “point” on troubleshooting, analyzing and fixing technical issues. This crucial role will drive both newly developed and operational problem-resolution for our high volume, highly scalable solutions. The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. The Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for “LAMP” based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills