We're always looking for talented people. If you are a web developer, database expert or web marketing professional, we want to hear from you. Send us an email indicating the role you are interested in.
See all open positions
Use LinkedIn to see who you know that works at CreditCards.com
Austin based. Global reach.
From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others, including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, LendingTree and Nasdaq.
We love being part of the Austin community. Discover what makes Austin a great place to live!
Big-company stability. Start-up attitude.
Now part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we can offer the
benefits and stability of a large, profitable organization.
maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus
that were foundational to our success.
Our culture and people
We're a small but energetic team that truly values work/life balance. The 60 (-ish) of us enjoy regular outings together - happy hours, grown-up spelling bees, paint ball and even a little karaoke. All this, and a company-stocked kitchen.
Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to email@example.com, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
- Business Analyst
- Credit Card Industry Expert
Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
The Austin division of a nationwide, publicly held marketing and technology company is seeking a full-time, experienced Software Developer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization. Our ideal candidate is a Java/PHP Software Developer with experience in designing, modeling, developing, debugging and integrating software solutions in an enterprise environment. All candidates MUST have significant professional experience developing complex, database-driven Java/PHP applications. This is a challenging position and is not suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. Experience with SQL (MySQL experience is desirable) and Linux (RH Linux/CentOS) is preferred.
The developer will be responsible for the creation of internet, mobile, and operations supporting applications that display complex data sets, provide custom reports, integrate with other existing systems, and utilize best practice techniques for high volume internet sites. The developer must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to find the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant way. Reusable code is important, using object-oriented design where possible. Functional tests will be written to validate the correctness of the code.
The Java/PHP Software Developer will work in a small group atmosphere adhering to source control, proper documentation, and established coding standards. Candidate will also be required to interface with all levels of management. Our preferred candidate is a detail oriented, trustworthy self-starter with good communication skills. Candidates should be able to provide examples of web applications and/or frameworks that they have developed and be prepared to discuss practical and theoretical consequences of design choices. This position is geared for a Senior Developer looking to build skills to grow into a Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate has a passion for problem solving.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4-7 years of programming experience
- Professional experience developing/architecting Java and PHP-based web applications
- SQL and a good knowledge of client-server architecture a must
- Knowledgeable in the use of Netbeans, Eclipse, CVS, and SSH
- Seeking understanding of graphic design, layout, and integration
- XML and XSLT knowledge
- A candidate with a multiple programming language background especially knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, C#, C++, Python is preferred
- Experience administrating and configuring Apache in a Unix environment is a plus
- Strong database analysis and optimization skills a plus
- Proven experience designing browser-based GUIs, writing usability tests, and incorporating user feedback
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
Business Analyst (full-time)
Looking for a versatile business analyst to create and manage the reporting needs of both internal and external customers. The ideal candidate needs to be savvy in Excel and able to pick out relevant trends that will help grow the business. Candidate will also provide project management support with several key initiatives—taking ideas from conception to implementation. Must be comfortable working on a multitude of tasks simultaneously and be able to shift priorities. We are a close-knit group and want someone who thinks as part of a team.
- Assist with pricing calculations for monthly auction process for prominent site placements
- Suggest and implement any automated solutions to streamline process
- Manage and create regular reporting for several key company initiatives
- Analyze performance to determine any deviations
- Root cause issues and implement countermeasures
- Provide support with project management of department goals
- Interface with technology team to present business needs/requirements
- Plan out milestones and track progress
- Routinely monitor site traffic (visits/page views/clicks/etc.) and work with internal/external groups to resolve issues
- Actively participate in A/B testing for site optimizations
- Track test progress and manage testing queue
- Review test results and outline recommendations based on findings
- Work with internal/external partners on ad-hoc reporting needs (historical analysis, pricing trends, etc.)
- Help manage data loading process to insure accurate and up-to-date metrics
- 3-5yrs experience in data analysis and project management
- Creative thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret numbers from a business point of view
- Must be proactive with good organizational skills and ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Statistics preferred
- Previous online experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data mining, Visual Basic)
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL skills
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (SiteCatalyst) experience
- Good communicator with the ability to work in cross-functional groups
Credit Card Industry Expert
CreditCards.com is conducting a search for a Credit Card Industry Expert. This key, Director-level role will advance awareness and credibility of the organization with consumers and the media. This seasoned industry expert will join their team in their Austin, Texas offices and will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Expert will be responsible for developing and disseminating information and advice for consumers on credit card, credit and payment issues, and demonstrating CreditCards.com’s deep industry knowledge, objective perspective and commitment to consumer financial success.
The Expert will participate in frequent local, regional and national broadcast and print interviews, providing consumers with expert advice and perspectives.
The Expert will also lead preparation of some consumer-facing content for CreditCards.com and will serve as an expert media commentator on cards and payment issues.
The Expert may occasionally make public appearances or speak at conferences.
- Act as lead liaison with internal and external PR resources.
- Use extensive knowledge of the credit card industry and related trending topics to develop compelling stories and pitches to drive media attention, and promote editorial content and periodic national surveys on the site in various consumer and industry media outlets.
- Stay abreast of latest trends and breaking news stories related to the credit card industry and topics that could affect consumers including new product launches, features and pricing; class action legal disputes; large scale card data breaches; national consumer legislative and regulatory initiatives and Federal Reserve monetary policy.
- Use extensive subject matter expertise to respond to interview requests which will provide CreditCards.com with visibility and credibility
- Monitor and report on budget, placement and other measures of effectiveness utilizing both subscription and free press monitoring services
- Press Releases
- Prepare and issue press releases on relevant company and industry developments.
- Manage wire service contractual and day to day account relationship
- Ensure that press releases are optimized for SEO.
- Ensure press release presentation on the site is best in class
- Evaluate alternative release strategies and outlets, such as PR web
The Expert will cultivate relationships with relevant members of the consumer and industry media.
Social Media Engagement:
The Expert will engage consumers and media via company Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- 7yrs + experience in the credit card industry is essential. Direct experience in card marketing or risk management is preferred.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- A seasoned professional with good judgment in fairly representing all stakeholders and exercising confidentiality when appropriate is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Blogger experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Concentration in business, journalism or public relations preferred. Advanced degrees also preferred.