Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to email@example.com, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
The Austin Division of a nationwide, publicly held marketing and technology company is looking for a talented Product Owner in the context of Scrum Agile Software Development Methodology, to own and manage our projects from inception to product launch. The Product Owner will lead a small and talented team working on developing our next generation customer support web portal applications.
The Product Owner is the voice of the customer. The Product Owner is accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business. The Product Owner writes business-centric user stories, ranks and prioritizes them, and adds them to the product backlog for development. In addition, the Product Owner must have experience in analyzing, designing, and implementing a wide variety of Support and Services related customer facing self-service tools.
The ideal candidate for this role should have software development life cycle program management experience, including the ability to analyze business requirements and translating them into functional requirements. Additionally, this candidate will work cross functionally with both internal and external stakeholders to address and resolve problems related to features, defects, and system interface issues to resolution.
- Gather business requirements from internal and external stakeholders and translate them into use cases and business rules / logic.
- Write user stories for web applications and web services.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, subject matter experts, architects and development team to manage and prioritize Product Backlog.
- Coordinate and manage cross functional team dependencies (software components, data sources, 3rd party data visualization tools, related applications and production deployments).
- Apply business process knowledge to create quantifiable metrics to identify and track the success and accountability of the web applications on customer satisfaction.
- Share production support responsibility with development team and address production issues quickly.
- Bachelor's degree from a four‐year college or university
- At least 5 years' experience in the Financial Services industry or at least 5 years in Technology
- At least 1 year of hardware or at least 1 year of infrastructure project experience
- At least 3 years of experience as Product Owner or at least 3 years of experience as a Technical Product Owner
- 2+ years' of Agile methodology experience.
- 2+ years' of IT Project Manager, or at least 3 years of Business Systems Analyst experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Attention to detail, curiosity and sense of humor required.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No visa sponsorships available at this time
The Product Manager will act as the business point of contact for several key revenue driving products and processes, and will spend equal time securing issuer buy-in, analyzing performance, and identifying opportunities for further monetization. Product Manager will work closely with internal teams to execute new products and upgrades/enhancements to existing products.
- Analyze performance of products, identifying opportunities for increased revenue & improved customer experience.
- This role will serve as a key business stakeholder, working closely with Marketing and Technology following an Agile framework to execute new projects.
- Secure client buy-in for consumer facing projects.
- P&L reporting to Sales.
- Assist with new business pitches.
- Proactively find new ways to grow the business.
- Assist with varied Sales initiatives to optimize monetization of owned and operated websites - including performance and pricing calculations for monthly auction process
- Bachelor's degree, 3+ years of business experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and manage multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically on your feet.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent presentation abilities.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated.
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Ability to build strong relationships and maintain client trust.
- Fluency in English required; any other language beneficial.
Linux System Administrator / Network Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Permanent
The ideal candidate loves scalable and automated production environments that function as a virtual private clouds. You might be that cranky sysadmin, but you are friendly and collaborative with peer groups like development, QA and Dev/Ops. You like enjoy building and maintaining infrastructures and all the challenges that come with that: data centers, public and private networks, ensure the most secure and robust architecture, building and maintaining standards for the infrastructure components.
We are looking for that seasoned Linux System / Network Engineer to join our fast growing business. This role will be a key member of the IT Operations team which supports and scales our underlying infrastructures.
This Engineer should have significant background and expertise in Linux System Administration and open source offerings, and network engineering. Additional this Engineer must be be fluent in best practices. This role must be security minded and continuously exercise good judgment in ensuring the privacy and integrity of data. Prior experience in managing network systems that store highly sensitive data and adhere to regulatory compliance such as PCI and SAS70/SSAE16 is preferred.
This role will work closely with fellow members of the ITOps team to drive best practices in infrastructure design and data replication to maintain business continuity and performance.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain configurations for all virtualized nodes utilizing automation tools and scripting wherever possible (using comparable development best practices)
- Resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and
- Convey issues, updates, and project status to peers, hosting partners, customers and management
- Work with security vendors and personnel to maintain PCI DSS 3.0 Level 1 certification
- Implement one -click deployments for all new servers or application releases
- Work with live monitoring and log analysis tools to ensure a consistent real-time health and load view of all production environments
- Manage incident and change management tickets, as well as documentation, for all network and server architectures utilized in each datacenter
- Work with DBA to protect and validate all datastores used in production
- Physical installation and maintenance of servers and network equipment. Rack-mount, label, inventory, organize, asset management, etc.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution of issues in Systems, Network and the Application environments.
- Installation and configuration of operating systems and software products according to pre-defined system configuration and hardening standards.
- Assessment, refinement, documentation and maintenance of those standards.
- General systems maintenance tasks such as daily review of logs and alerts, managing resource usage, troubleshooting routine automated maintenance and backup processes, applying patches, etc.
- Troubleshoot WAN, Internet connectivity and email systems.
- Provides WAN hardware/software support.
- Monitor WAN performance and performs necessary network maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide network solutions to solve business challenges, when appropriate.
- Work with management to analyzes service options, infrastructure (voice and data networks and servers) configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of operation.
- Provides WAN hardware/software recommendations to improve network security.
- Review and remediate any issues found during internal and external scans and vulnerability tests.
- 24/7 First-response to alerts due to network/system/application issues
- Execution of system-related operations, including off-hour maintenance as required.
- At least 5 years as a proven Linux System Administrator in an Enterprise environment
- At least 5 years working with virtualization on Linux systems
- At least 2 years using automating tasking across the environment ie: Ansible and others (like Puppet)
- At least 5 years working on and debugging the LAMP stack
- Proven experience of open source products ie: NGINX, Tomcat, RPM, YUM, Elastic Search
- Proven experience of open source data bases ie: MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo
- Proven experience setting up, maintaining and using source control tools ie: SVN, GIT
- Proven experience setting up and maintaining monitoring tools ie: Zabbix, Nagios
- Proven experience with more than one scripting tool ie: Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl
- Broad range of network engineering, applications and desktop knowledge in the following: Cisco Switching &
Routing, Unified Communications, Unity unified messaging with Microsoft Exchange integration, Cisco and Network Performance Monitor
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certification is a plus
- The Cisco Network Engineer will have 5+ years related experience in infrastructure/network environment, performing network engineering (hardware and software) network design and planning and implementing WLANs, LANs, WANs using latest technology
- Advanced Technical knowledge and aptitude with networks, network topologies, PC workstations (configuration and connection), network file servers, applicable software and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network provider services and understanding of SNA implementation principles, routing protocol options and LAN/WAN principles
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines
- Ability to solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage performance and capacity of WLAN/LAN/WAN environment
- Understanding of the enterprise business and process; business unit functions and cross-group dependencies/relationships
- Ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies, develop client proposals; including estimates for costs, time and resources, prepare statistical reports and complete cost/benefit analysis
- Must follow all policies and procedures and recommend improvements based on best practice and proven industry standards
- improvements based on best practice and proven industry standards
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Must be able to communicate horizontally and vertically issues throughout the technology center
- Must exhibit initiative on all projects with horizontal and vertical collaboration
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities after normal business hours when necessary
- Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience implementing disaster recovery and high availability processes and plans
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we cannot sponsor visas)
Dev Ops Engineer
CreditCards.com is building a Dev Ops team that is accountable for operational issues in the running and maintenance of product delivery model. We are seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer that can be "point" on troubleshooting, analyzing and fixing technical issues. This crucial role will drive both newly developed and operational problem-resolution for our high volume, highly scalable solutions. The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. The Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for "LAMP" based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as itrelates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills
PHP/Java Software Developer
CreditCards.com is looking for both Java and PHP Developers to be part of a highly collaborative, quality focused, Agile development team.
You will be solving difficult problems and helping to architect and build maintainable applications. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, flexible environment with small sprint teams where communication is essential. Also, you should be able to find the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant and object-oriented way utilizing source control, documentation, and established coding standards. This is not a management position.
You should have professional experience developing complex, database-driven PHP applications. This is a challenging position for someone looking to learn as well as teach others and is not suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. This is a full-time, on-site position.
Skills We Need:
You will be:
- PHP and/or Java
- PHP Frameworks (Familiarity with Laravel a plus)
- Experience with SOA
- RESTful and SOAP Web Services
- Knowledge and experience using design patterns
- MySQL and NoSQL database
- Strong SQL skills writing complex queries
- Multiple OOP language background, knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, Python, preferred
- Experience using IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, PHPStorm, IntelliJ, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with PHPUnit, Jenkins CI
- Mobile Responsive Design and Development
- Messaging Systems such as RabbitMQ a plus
- Database Analysis and Optimization skills a plus
- Writing elegant, reusable, maintainable and testable code
- Writing unit tests
- Performing peer code reviews utilizing established team standards
- Part of an Agile team and contribute in daily stand-ups
- Team oriented
- Comfortable leading discussions and cross-training other team members
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, 401K and annual bonus program
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
CreditCards.com, a part of the Bankrate Online Network, is a leading online credit card marketplace, bringing consumers and card issuers together. We have a large affiliate network, providing affiliates with widgets and services.
My SQL Database Engineer
A privately held digital marketing and technology company in North Austin is seeking a full-time, experienced MySQL Data Engineer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Work/life balance, extreme growth, small company feel with the financial backing of a large company with great benefits!
You will be the liaison between our data science group and the system administrators to enable data access for a plethora of interesting projects.
Do you care what they use the data for? Do you want to become a subject matter expert in the data itself, to apply better semantic checks and structure the data more intelligently than anyone else? If yes and if you are a Data Engineer with strengths in a MySQL database environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- 3+ years experience managing MySQL in a High Availability environment
- Strong knowledge in dimensional and relational schema design, object oriented design and database
- Bachelors Degree or 5+ years' experience in managing MySQL in lieu of a degree
- Data extraction and optimization
- MySQL certification a plus
- PHP experience and development a plus