Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to email@example.com, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Linux System Administrator / Network Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Permanent
The ideal candidate loves scalable and automated production environments that function as a virtual private clouds. You might be that cranky sysadmin, but you are friendly and collaborative with peer groups like development, QA and Dev/Ops. You like enjoy building and maintaining infrastructures and all the challenges that come with that: data centers, public and private networks, ensure the most secure and robust architecture, building and maintaining standards for the infrastructure components.
We are looking for that seasoned Linux System / Network Engineer to join our fast growing business. This role will be a key member of the IT Operations team which supports and scales our underlying infrastructures.
This Engineer should have significant background and expertise in Linux System Administration and open source offerings, and network engineering. Additional this Engineer must be be fluent in best practices. This role must be security minded and continuously exercise good judgment in ensuring the privacy and integrity of data. Prior experience in managing network systems that store highly sensitive data and adhere to regulatory compliance such as PCI and SAS70/SSAE16 is preferred.
This role will work closely with fellow members of the ITOps team to drive best practices in infrastructure design and data replication to maintain business continuity and performance.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain configurations for all virtualized nodes utilizing automation tools and scripting wherever possible (using comparable development best practices)
- Resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and
- Convey issues, updates, and project status to peers, hosting partners, customers and management
- Work with security vendors and personnel to maintain PCI DSS 3.0 Level 1 certification
- Implement one -click deployments for all new servers or application releases
- Work with live monitoring and log analysis tools to ensure a consistent real-time health and load view of all production environments
- Manage incident and change management tickets, as well as documentation, for all network and server architectures utilized in each datacenter
- Work with DBA to protect and validate all datastores used in production
- Physical installation and maintenance of servers and network equipment. Rack-mount, label, inventory, organize, asset management, etc.
- Problem diagnosis and resolution of issues in Systems, Network and the Application environments.
- Installation and configuration of operating systems and software products according to pre-defined system configuration and hardening standards.
- Assessment, refinement, documentation and maintenance of those standards.
- General systems maintenance tasks such as daily review of logs and alerts, managing resource usage, troubleshooting routine automated maintenance and backup processes, applying patches, etc.
- Troubleshoot WAN, Internet connectivity and email systems.
- Provides WAN hardware/software support.
- Monitor WAN performance and performs necessary network maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide network solutions to solve business challenges, when appropriate.
- Work with management to analyzes service options, infrastructure (voice and data networks and servers) configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of operation.
- Provides WAN hardware/software recommendations to improve network security.
- Review and remediate any issues found during internal and external scans and vulnerability tests.
- 24/7 First-response to alerts due to network/system/application issues
- Execution of system-related operations, including off-hour maintenance as required.
- At least 5 years as a proven Linux System Administrator in an Enterprise environment
- At least 5 years working with virtualization on Linux systems
- At least 2 years using automating tasking across the environment ie: Ansible and others (like Puppet)
- At least 5 years working on and debugging the LAMP stack
- Proven experience of open source products ie: NGINX, Tomcat, RPM, YUM, Elastic Search
- Proven experience of open source data bases ie: MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo
- Proven experience setting up, maintaining and using source control tools ie: SVN, GIT
- Proven experience setting up and maintaining monitoring tools ie: Zabbix, Nagios
- Proven experience with more than one scripting tool ie: Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP, Perl
- Broad range of network engineering, applications and desktop knowledge in the following: Cisco Switching &
Routing, Unified Communications, Unity unified messaging with Microsoft Exchange integration, Cisco and Network Performance Monitor
- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certification is a plus
- The Cisco Network Engineer will have 5+ years related experience in infrastructure/network environment, performing network engineering (hardware and software) network design and planning and implementing WLANs, LANs, WANs using latest technology
- Advanced Technical knowledge and aptitude with networks, network topologies, PC workstations (configuration and connection), network file servers, applicable software and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network provider services and understanding of SNA implementation principles, routing protocol options and LAN/WAN principles
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines
- Ability to solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage performance and capacity of WLAN/LAN/WAN environment
- Understanding of the enterprise business and process; business unit functions and cross-group dependencies/relationships
- Ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies, develop client proposals; including estimates for costs, time and resources, prepare statistical reports and complete cost/benefit analysis
- Must follow all policies and procedures and recommend improvements based on best practice and proven industry standards
- improvements based on best practice and proven industry standards
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Must be able to communicate horizontally and vertically issues throughout the technology center
- Must exhibit initiative on all projects with horizontal and vertical collaboration
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities after normal business hours when necessary
- Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience implementing disaster recovery and high availability processes and plans
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we cannot sponsor visas)
Dev Ops Engineer
CreditCards.com is building a Dev Ops team that is accountable for operational issues in the running and maintenance of product delivery model. We are seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer that can be "point" on troubleshooting, analyzing and fixing technical issues. This crucial role will drive both newly developed and operational problem-resolution for our high volume, highly scalable solutions. The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. The Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for "LAMP" based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as itrelates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills
CreditCards.com is the leading online marketing and publishing organization devoted to helping consumers make informed choices about credit cards. From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others, including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, Bankrate and Nasdaq. These websites also offer news articles, features and tools
all designed to help consumers in their search for a new credit card, or to better manage their existing credit cards.
We are part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) and offer the benefits and stability of a large, public organization. However, we've maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus that were foundational to our success.
We're a small, but energetic group that truly values work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and learning opportunities that come with being part of a small, fast-growing organization.
The Compliance Associate will ensure that our partner websites properly display and market the products of our marketing partners. Our marketing partners are generally the issuing banks.
This role reports to the Affiliate Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that affiliate websites display their products as required by the issuing banks
- Notify and follow-up with any affiliates that need to make modifications to their site
- Interact with the issuing banks to stay aware of current marketing guidelines
- Monitor marketing strategies of affiliate websites to ensure that their strategies are compliant with our partner guidelines
- Detail oriented
- Proficient online
- Knowledgeable of Excel and Word
- Strong writing skills
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Personable and ability to work well with others
- College graduate preferred
CreditCards.com is seeking a skilled and hardworking individual for its marketing team who would help build its credit card reviews. The position is an editorial one, but it would also need to be able to keep abreast of and conform to compliance requirements imposed by credit card issuers.
- Help in fine-tuning ranking criteria to apply consistent measuring and analyzing credit card offers.
- Oversee research into those market offers, building an deep knowledge of card offers in the market.
- Work with editorial and marketing team to create and keep up to date product reviews.
- Help create the review pages online, applying both editorial skills and best-practice search engine techniques to help the reviews gain prominence.
- Monitor current offers in the market and competitive websites' content to identify opportunities.
- Analyze and report performance of the reviews pages.
- Update credit card review pages with new information in a timely manner.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, finance, marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge about personal finance, preferably credit cards
- Ability to take data and present it in an engaging way.
- Web experience, including basic HTML skills, highly desired.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Research and Development Engineer — Software
Are you a dynamite technologist or software engineer spending tons of time building software solutions just to see if you can do it? And you're a pleasant person to be around? Then Creditcards.com is looking for someone just like you to join an exciting new product research and development team. This new group will work across all aspects and divisions of Creditcards.com in order to create products that are innovative and will potentially increase value for business users and customers.
The ideal candidate has a high level of personal quality and craftsmanship while working in an iterative agile product development environment with [but not limited to] PHP, Java, MySQL and/or NoSQL. Has the ability to understand and implement the very best parts of technologies. We are especially looking for engineers who can bridge software and hardware technologies together and provide solutions to stakeholders and customers.
This position is going to challenge you to bring the very best communication, creativity, critical thinking and product development skills to an insanely bright and motivated team committed to delivering great products.
As part of this team you will be building object-orientated software, prototyping architecture, managing the team's server environments and working with frameworks like Ansible, Vagrant, OpenStack and Puppet to automate the team's SDLC and simplify collaboration.
If this sounds like a team and environment in which you can thrive, please submit an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2-4+ years of work experience supporting new product research and development, working on a software development team and transitioning new products to production.
- Experience working with large datasets in a RDMS.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in an agile environment with either a Scrum or Kanban methodology.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proactive problem solving abilities to recognize inefficiencies in processes and workflows and provide suggestions and/or solutions.
- Strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to make recommendations for the release and availability of new products.
- Strong programming skill and experience across LAMP and similar technologies.
- Strong knowledge or experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
PHP/Java Software Developer
CreditCards.com is looking for both Java and PHP Developers to be part of a highly collaborative, quality focused, Agile development team.
You will be solving difficult problems and helping to architect and build maintainable applications. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, flexible environment with small sprint teams where communication is essential. Also, you should be able to find the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant and object-oriented way utilizing source control, documentation, and established coding standards. This is not a management position.
You should have professional experience developing complex, database-driven PHP applications. This is a challenging position for someone looking to learn as well as teach others and is not suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. This is a full-time, on-site position.
Skills We Need:
You will be:
- PHP and/or Java
- PHP Frameworks (Familiarity with Laravel a plus)
- Experience with SOA
- RESTful and SOAP Web Services
- Knowledge and experience using design patterns
- MySQL and NoSQL database
- Strong SQL skills writing complex queries
- Multiple OOP language background, knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, Python, preferred
- Experience using IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, PHPStorm, IntelliJ, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with PHPUnit, Jenkins CI
- Mobile Responsive Design and Development
- Messaging Systems such as RabbitMQ a plus
- Database Analysis and Optimization skills a plus
- Writing elegant, reusable, maintainable and testable code
- Writing unit tests
- Performing peer code reviews utilizing established team standards
- Part of an Agile team and contribute in daily stand-ups
- Team oriented
- Comfortable leading discussions and cross-training other team members
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits include medical, 401K and annual bonus program
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
CreditCards.com, a part of the Bankrate Online Network, is a leading online credit card marketplace, bringing consumers and card issuers together. We have a large affiliate network, providing affiliates with widgets and services.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect that will be responsible for gathering software requirements developed by the marketing, sales, business development, and finance teams, present a high level product requirements report, and develop a detailed software requirements document for the software development organization. The Solutions Architect is also responsible for creating user acceptance testing criteria, managing testing sessions with end-users, and ensuring that the product developed meets the specifications and is deployed successfully. A successful candidate will have prior experience with software solution architecture, software development and product
Management lifecycle of software products, preferably from a Business Analyst, Marketing, and/or Project Management perspective. The candidate must be comfortable building inter-company relationships, an excellent communicator both orally and written, enjoy working with others, is fast paced, and is extremely detail oriented.
- Participate in the full software development life-cycle from definition, through design, build, test, release and maintain
- Provide input into project planning tasks and deliverables
- Create technical designs, specifications, and integration tests
- Research and track advancements in database, web and mobile
- Develop mobile or web prototypes to validate architecture and design decisions, validate maintainability, performance and scalability, security, and speed to market
- Provide technological leadership and mentoring to development, qa, and IT teams
- Research and evaluate vendor solutions, frameworks, evolving technologies, standards, and understand potential impact on current or future solutions
- Provide analysis, research or troubleshooting of existing applications and solutions
- Take creative approaches to problem solving and apply innovative solutions
- Able to efficiently determine root cause of issues
- Architect integrated solutions with current existing infrastructure
- Interface with other departments to define internal and external products and projects
- More than 5 years of experience in architecting solutions in a Linux/ Open-Source environments
- More than 3 years of current/recent development of applications focused on database and web
- Demonstrated experience with source code management systems
- Working knowledge of various application server platforms such as APACHE, TOMCAT, GlassFish
- Experience developing database driven mobile applications for iPhone and Android
- Working knowledge of various device, desktop and server operating systems, such as UNIX/LINUX, Windows, iOS,
- Strong database design and development experience, on MySQL, MONGO, etc
- Experience designing solutions for high availability and customer experience
- Demonstrated experience with secure development practices
- Strong scripting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal or written form
- Experience working with various development methodologies, with recent experience in Agile or Scrum preferred
- Basic knowledge of social media.
- Basic understanding of how affiliate marketing works
- Attention to detail, curiosity and sense of humor required
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Degree in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Staff reporter, CreditCards.com
CreditCards.com, the leading online credit card comparison website with an award-winning editorial operation, seeks an experienced journalist to be a staff reporter.
Staff reporters write stories about consumer credit, debt and related issues for a mass audience of consumers. Successful candidates will blend the traditional reporting, writing and interpreting job of a traditional journalist with the modern online storytelling techniques of the Web.
The job is full time, located in Austin, Texas, and carries full benefits. Salary is competitive and negotiable based on an applicant's experience and level of skill.
Duties and responsibilities:
Staff reporters are expected to regularly find and contribute consumer-oriented pieces on a defined aspect of credit and debt management, including credit card products, issuer practices, credit scoring, credit reporting, the economy's impact on credit practices, etc. Stories will vary in length, depth and turnaround time, but a home run for us is an in-depth piece that simultaneously breaks news, helps consumers and uses the Web to its fullest potential. Over time, we expect our reporters to develop such expertise that their comments will be sought by other writers.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3 years+ experience.
- Strong reporting and writing skills, including speed, accuracy, the ability to spot trends, develop high-level sources.
- An understanding of personal finance issues, interest rates and the ability to translate them into everyday language for a consumer audience.
- Online experience at a site that uses the Web's interactivity and multimedia presentation. Candidates with print-only experience will be considered, but only those who commit to quickly master new media techniques.
- A grasp of the basics of writing search engine-friendly copy and basic HTML, CMS experience.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year university, or substantial journalism experience.
Professional certifications, awards and affiliations are highly valued.
An entrepreneurial spirit and an initiative-taking attitude are most welcome. There are no set ways of doing things here; expect to create some.
About CreditCards.com and its editorial team:
CreditCards.com is the Web's leading marketplace for consumers who want to learn about, compare and acquire credit cards. By providing high-quality, objective, consumer-oriented news stories and features, our editorial team enhances the site's credibility as a trusted information source for consumers.
CreditCards.com is part of Bankrate Inc., a leading publisher, aggregator and distributor of personal finance content on the Internet. Bankrate provides consumers with proprietary, fully researched, comprehensive, independent and objective personal finance editorial content across multiple vertical categories including mortgages, deposits, insurance, credit cards, and other categories, such as retirement, automobile loans, and taxes.