We're always looking for talented people. If you are a web developer, database expert or web marketing
professional, we want to hear from you. Send us an email indicating the role you are interested in.
See all open positions
Use LinkedIn to see who you know that works at CreditCards.com
Austin based. Global reach.
From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others,
including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, LendingTree and Nasdaq.
We love being part of the Austin community. Discover what makes Austin a great place to live!
Big-company stability. Start-up attitude.
Now part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we can offer the
benefits and stability of a large, profitable organization.
maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus
that were foundational to our success.
Our culture and people
We're a small but energetic team that truly values work/life balance. The 60 (-ish) of us enjoy regular outings
together - happy hours, grown-up spelling bees, paint ball and even a little karaoke. All this, and a
Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to email@example.com, indicating the position you are applying for
in the subject line.
- Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Search Engine Marketing Analyst (full-time)
- Dev Ops Engineer
Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
The Austin division of a nationwide, publicly held marketing and technology company is seeking a full-time,
experienced Software Developer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Our ideal candidate is a Java/PHP Software Developer with experience in designing, modeling, developing, debugging
and integrating software solutions in an enterprise environment. All candidates MUST have significant professional
experience developing complex, database-driven Java/PHP applications. This is a challenging position and is not
suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. Experience with SQL (MySQL experience is desirable) and Linux
(RH Linux/CentOS) is preferred.
The developer will be responsible for the creation of internet, mobile, and operations supporting applications that
display complex data sets, provide custom reports, integrate with other existing systems, and utilize best practice
techniques for high volume internet sites. The developer must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to find
the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant way. Reusable code is important, using object-oriented
design where possible. Functional tests will be written to validate the correctness of the code.
The Java/PHP Software Developer will work in a small group atmosphere adhering to source control, proper
documentation, and established coding standards. Candidate will also be required to interface with all levels of
management. Our preferred candidate is a detail oriented, trustworthy self-starter with good communication skills.
Candidates should be able to provide examples of web applications and/or frameworks that they have developed and be
prepared to discuss practical and theoretical consequences of design choices. This position is geared for a Senior
Developer looking to build skills to grow into a Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate has a passion for problem
- Bachelor's Degree or 4-7 years of programming experience
- Professional experience developing/architecting Java and PHP-based web applications
- SQL and a good knowledge of client-server architecture a must
- Knowledgeable in the use of Netbeans, Eclipse, CVS, and SSH
- Seeking understanding of graphic design, layout, and integration
- XML and XSLT knowledge
- A candidate with a multiple programming language background especially knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, C#,
C++, Python is preferred
- Experience administrating and configuring Apache in a Unix environment is a plus
- Strong database analysis and optimization skills a plus
- Proven experience designing browser-based GUIs, writing usability tests, and incorporating user feedback
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to be responsible to provide automated and manual
verification of software and system solutions.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer position requires an individual ready to take on a very challenging role
and have some ownership of the quality of the software being delivered. The successful candidate is an experienced,
innovative, and who can coordinate simultaneous test efforts across multiple development teams as well as put in
place policies and processes which drive the quality of our software. Determine when components meet acceptable
quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle with an
emphasis on validation and deployment phases. Candidates must have working knowledge of Quality Assurance best
practices including but not limited to governance, test management and automation tools and industry standard
Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other
organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that
you are responsible for.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans,
test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Own Continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and integrate test suite into CI cluster as applicable.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test
case writing, and automated script development
- Strong experience in Automation tools frameworks, using Java/JUnit, TestNG, Webdriver, and PHPUnit.
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis)
- Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (full-time)
What you will be Doing:
This position interacts with the day-to-day aspects of search engine marketing and analysis. We are seeking an experienced professional to join a dynamic and innovative company. All candidates must have professional experience in search engine marketing, analyzing large amounts of data and managing multiple tasks. A positive attitude is also critical.
What you Need:
- Manage the company's online search campaigns by establishing new campaigns, manage the ad copy and bids of new and existing campaigns, analyze campaign revenue and expenses and prepare reports to communicate the campaign performance to management.
- Identify new and/or additional marketing opportunities across several different search engines and websites.
- Manage the consistency of the search campaign messaging between networks.
- Stay abreast of new developments in digital marketing and provide suggestions to apply the new opportunities to our business.
- Develop expertise in and maintain proficiency in latest techniques of Search Engine Marketing through online and offline educational resources.
- Assist with the negotiation and placing of media buys.
- Provide input into new tools and services to add to our sites.
- Provide analysis and feedback to management for decision making.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- At least 2 years of experience in digital marketing, finance or business consulting.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to write targeted online advertising copy.
- Ability to produce effective ideas under tight timelines.
- Ability to take direction and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to follow through.
- Ability to deliver projects on time.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible and comfortable with the ups and downs of project cycles.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Dev Ops Engineer
CreditCards.com is building a Dev Ops team that is accountable for operational issues in the running and maintenance of product delivery model. We are seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer that can be “point” on troubleshooting, analyzing and fixing technical issues. This crucial role will drive both newly developed and operational problem-resolution for our high volume, highly scalable solutions. The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. The Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for “LAMP” based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills