We're always looking for talented people. If you are a web developer, database expert or web marketing professional, we want to hear from you. Send us an email indicating the role you are interested in.
See all open positions
Use LinkedIn to see who you know that works at CreditCards.com
Austin based. Global reach.
From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others, including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, LendingTree and Nasdaq.
We love being part of the Austin community. Discover what makes Austin a great place to live!
Big-company stability. Start-up attitude.
Now part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we can offer the
benefits and stability of a large, profitable organization.
maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus
that were foundational to our success.
Our culture and people
We're a small but energetic team that truly values work/life balance. The 60 (-ish) of us enjoy regular outings together - happy hours, grown-up spelling bees, paint ball and even a little karaoke. All this, and a company-stocked kitchen.
Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
- Manager, SEO
- Product Information Manager (PIM)
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Senior Java/PHP Software Developer
The Austin division of a nationwide, publicly held marketing and technology company is seeking a full-time, experienced Software Developer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization. Our ideal candidate is a Java/PHP Software Developer with experience in designing, modeling, developing, debugging and integrating software solutions in an enterprise environment. All candidates MUST have significant professional experience developing complex, database-driven Java/PHP applications. This is a challenging position and is not suitable for a novice or an entry-level programmer. Experience with SQL (MySQL experience is desirable) and Linux (RH Linux/CentOS) is preferred.
The developer will be responsible for the creation of internet, mobile, and operations supporting applications that display complex data sets, provide custom reports, integrate with other existing systems, and utilize best practice techniques for high volume internet sites. The developer must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to find the ideal way to implement requirements in a clean, elegant way. Reusable code is important, using object-oriented design where possible. Functional tests will be written to validate the correctness of the code.
The Java/PHP Software Developer will work in a small group atmosphere adhering to source control, proper documentation, and established coding standards. Candidate will also be required to interface with all levels of management. Our preferred candidate is a detail oriented, trustworthy self-starter with good communication skills. Candidates should be able to provide examples of web applications and/or frameworks that they have developed and be prepared to discuss practical and theoretical consequences of design choices. This position is geared for a Senior Developer looking to build skills to grow into a Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate has a passion for problem solving.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4-7 years of programming experience
- Professional experience developing/architecting Java and PHP-based web applications
- SQL and a good knowledge of client-server architecture a must
- Knowledgeable in the use of Netbeans, Eclipse, CVS, and SSH
- Seeking understanding of graphic design, layout, and integration
- XML and XSLT knowledge
- A candidate with a multiple programming language background especially knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, C#, C++, Python is preferred
- Experience administrating and configuring Apache in a Unix environment is a plus
- Strong database analysis and optimization skills a plus
- Proven experience designing browser-based GUIs, writing usability tests, and incorporating user feedback
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorships available at this time
Organic search is a critical source of traffic and revenue for CreditCards.com. Maintaining and increasing our SERP rankings and developing other sources of natural traffic one of our key objectives. This individual in this role will have an enormous impact on the success of our organization.
The Manager of SEO is responsible for all aspects of increasing organic search traffic to CreditCards.com.
This role will report to the Director, SEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor overall SEO program success with regards to ranking, indexed pages, back links and report to senior management
- Continually monitor organic search rankings to maximize traffic and sales
- Build on understanding of how search engines and their spiders work by conducting research and reporting key developments and news
- Be and expert in this space; staying on top of current SEO news and maintaining a high level of awareness of emerging trends, new concepts or algorithm shifts.
- Keyword research (including cataloging and indexing target keyword phrases) using Google and internal tools
- Work in conjunction with the Creative and Technology departments to coordinate new releases and enhancements to web sites to ensure that they meet SEO requirements
- Research and resolve internal and external link architecture; build quality link partners
- Monitor and report on search engine robot activity
- Help us avoid any practice that cold be considered “black hat”. To be very clear, CreditCards.com will not adopt or consider any tools or techniques that “game” the search algorithm.
- 5+ years experience at a dedicated SEO consulting company or in-house position focused on SEO.
- Excellent knowledge of optimizing web sites for major search engines
- Specific knowledge on how to achieve top placement in Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.
- Understanding of how search engines spiders work.
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Master’s degree preferred
Product Information Manager (PIM)
What you will be Doing:
The Product Information Manager will act as a key point of contact for many of our US and Canadian issuers and/or media partners. This person is responsible for maintaining an accurate product list. This includes creating new products, revising existing products and communicating product changes to all publishers on a timely basis and assist with any content validation across all owned & operated sites.
What you Need:
- Create, update and delete products in our product marketing database
- Ensure partners adhere to our marketing guidelines when submitting product information
- Act as day-to-day contact for various US and Canadian issuers and/or media partners
- Develop new communication processes for optimal product announcements/updates
- Notify all internal departments about product changes
- Update standard commission rates for all products
- Ensure all internal databases sync product information appropriately
- Interact with financial institutions and other business partners to understand and receive product information
- Ensure new products are launched in a timely manner
- Recommend alternatives to improve company's processes for managing product data/publishing procedures
- Bachelor's degree, 3+ years of business experience preferred
- Day-to-day data management experience required
- Strong project management skills required
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and manage multiple product updates
- Ability to think strategically on your feet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical/quality assurance skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Word
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to be responsible to provide automated and manual verification of software and system solutions.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer position requires an individual ready to take on a very challenging role and have some ownership of the quality of the software being delivered. The successful candidate is an experienced, innovative, and who can coordinate simultaneous test efforts across multiple development teams as well as put in place policies and processes which drive the quality of our software. Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle with an emphasis on validation and deployment phases. Candidates must have working knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices including but not limited to governance, test management and automation tools and industry standard quality measures.
Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that you are responsible for.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Own Continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and integrate test suite into CI cluster as applicable.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Strong experience in Automation tools frameworks, using Java/JUnit, TestNG, Webdriver, and PHPUnit.
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis)
- Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university