We're always looking for talented people. If you are a web developer, database expert or web marketing
professional, we want to hear from you. Send us an email indicating the role you are interested in.
See all open positions
Use LinkedIn to see who you know that works at CreditCards.com
Austin based. Global reach.
From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others,
including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, LendingTree and Nasdaq.
We love being part of the Austin community. Discover what makes Austin a great place to live!
Big-company stability. Start-up attitude.
Now part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE), we can offer the
benefits and stability of a large, profitable organization.
maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus
that were foundational to our success.
Our culture and people
We're a small but energetic team that truly values work/life balance. The 60 (-ish) of us enjoy regular outings
together - happy hours, grown-up spelling bees, paint ball and even a little karaoke. All this, and a
Current career opportunities
Listed below are the current positions open at CreditCards.com. Please send resumes to email@example.com, indicating the position you are applying for
in the subject line.
- My SQL Data Engineer
- Dev Ops Engineer
- Organic Search Specialist
- Visual Designer
- User Engagement Manager
- Compliance Associate
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- System Administrator
- Rates Analyst
My SQL Data Engineer
A privately held digital marketing and technology company in North Austin is seeking a full-time, experienced MySQL Data Engineer that is ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization.
Work/life balance, extreme growth, small company feel with the financial backing of a large company with great benefits!
You will be the liaison between our data science group and the system administrators to enable data access for a plethora of interesting projects.
Do you care what they use the data for? Do you want to become a subject matter expert in the data itself, to apply better semantic checks and structure the data more intelligently than anyone else? If yes and if you are a Data Engineer with strengths in a MySQL database environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- 3+ years experience managing MySQL in a High Availability environment
- Strong knowledge in dimensional and relational schema design, object oriented design and database
- Bachelors Degree or 5+ years' experience in managing MySQL in lieu of a degree
- Data extraction and optimization
- MySQL certification a plus
- PHP experience and development a plus
Dev Ops Engineer
CreditCards.com is building a Dev Ops team that is accountable for operational issues in the running and maintenance of product delivery model. We are seeking a highly motivated Dev Ops Engineer that can be
on troubleshooting, analyzing and fixing technical issues. This crucial role will drive both newly developed and operational problem-resolution for our high volume, highly scalable solutions. The role requires solid coding skills to develop immediate fixes and permanent solutions. The Dev Ops Engineer will collaborate with developers leveraging the technology stack to solve a variety of complex challenges.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and passion for
based solutions, developed in an Agile Kanban methodology. This individual contributor will thrive in an environment where tracking issues across systems and through code becomes the collaboration of staff across the technical topography. If you have this unique combination of coding and system skills then you could be our perfect candidate!
- Researches and resolves technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Collaborate with development and QA to ensure that features and functions are not adversely impacted.
- Documents final solutions, including root cause analysis.
- In collaboration with development and iT, ensure product specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), are created (and refreshed) for each product and systems. Prepare concise internal product documentation on revisions. As needed ensure wiki and operational information is updated as needed.
- Prepare and review time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Maintains a patch code branch in SVN for each fix. Identify which need to be product changes and which is infrastructure, deployment or build changes.
- Advocate for your changes with follow- through to development and other teams, by insuring that patches are tested and migrated to the code base and/or process changes are documented appropriately and timely.
- Improve process and tools to automate deployments and other operational tasks (i.e. monitoring application components) to improve efficiency and consistency. Knowledge to create scripts, tools, utilities and/or code to address issues with new projects and to resolve existing operational procedures (i.e. single-click deployments).
- Participate in design and code-walk-through with development as it relates to new releases.
- Participates in iT infrastructure design as it relates to product.
- Liaisons between multiple departments, especially iT, communicating system changes and mitigating possible issues that may affect product, etc. Ensure appropriate infrastructure changes are socialized across the development and QA teams and any required validation are planned in a timely fashion.
- 5-8 years Linux experience working across an enterprise platform in a LAMP environment
- Solid understanding of LAMP on CentOS and Ubuntu
- Ability to code in PHP in Laravel and Java
- Source and deployment tools: SVN, Jenkins, Maven
- Expertise scripting in Python, Bash, Perl is a huge plus
- Experience with Nagios or other iT infrastructure monitoring software systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and approachable personality
- 1-3 years with firewalls, antivirus, security patching
- Experience working in data centers
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Knowledge of the QA process and QA automation tools is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (we are not able to sponsor visas at this time)
- BS in Computer Science (or other technical discipline with significant computer coursework) or equivalent experience
- Developer level coding skills with strong Linux administration skills
Organic Search Specialist
Organic search is a critical source of traffic and revenue. Maintaining and increasing our SERP rankings and developing other sources of natural traffic one of our key objectives. This individual in this role will have an enormous impact on the success of our organization. The Organic Search Specialist is responsible for promoting our content, via social media and elsewhere, developing quality back-links to pages at our websites and peforming basic SEO tasks.
This is a full-time role. All related functions must be performed in our offices during regular business hours. This role reports to the SEO Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships and links from relevant and credible websites to targeted web pages in our website,
- Promote content created by our editorial team.
- Identify individuals and websites that are both relevant of high reputation.
- Employ other link-building strategies, such as:
- Posting thoughtful, well written comments at relevant blogs
- Promoting CreditCards.com content using social media.
- Review backlink patterns of competing sites and emulate where appropriate.
- Work with sites to correct mal-formed links.
- Maintain logs of successful and unsuccessful link building activities.
- All cultivated links must be UNPAID, NON-RENTED and NON-CLOAKED. Link quality is valued over quantity.
- This is an entry-level position, but if you're not familiar with terms like
, this isn't the job for you.
- Basic knowledge of social media.
- Basic understanding of how search engines rank pages.
- Basic understanding of credit and credit cards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Attention to detail, curiosity and sense of humor required.
- The ideal candidate will possess confidence and a level of salesmanship.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
CreditCards.com is seeking a talented Visual Designer. This key, manager-level role will support a number of customer-facing web, visual and UX design needs of the organization. The Visual Designer will join their team in their Austin, Texas offices and will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Visual Designer will work closely with members of the Marketing, Sales and Product teams and be responsible for developing and digital assets, creating compelling and consistent user experiences,
Website Design and VID
The primary responsibility will collaborating on the visual redesigns of multiple websites, including evolving them into mobile-responsive formats. Specific tasks include:
- Collaborating closely with Product Managers and Engineers to bring beautiful visual design to reality, setting project timeframes, managing their workload and defining deliverables.
- Implementing and expanding the visual identity across different platforms.
- Contributing to brainstorms and high-concept meetings to develop innovative designs.
Light HTML and CSS
Support site multivariate testing with new graphical treatments and assets to be used in testing.
Support editorial efforts with occasional data Visualizations, infographics and story art.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as visual user interface designer for web and mobile applications and services.
- Mastery of standard professional tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Fireworks, Basecamp etc.) and understanding of underlying technologies (HTML, CSS, iOS, Android etc)
- Strong portfolio of beautiful user interfaces for web, tablet and phone (iOS and Android)
- As this person will manage designs and assets across multiple mobile platforms, it is essential to be detail oriented and organized
- Strong skills in generating final art assets and detailed specifications for development teams.
- Ability to create animations a plus
- Passion for bringing innovative new products to market
- Excellent knowledge of emerging trends and visual design styles
- Motivated, dynamic, creative and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Has a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Media Arts
Sciences, from a 4-year University or College of Art or equivalent and 5+ years work experience in this or a related field.
User Engagement Manager
CreditCards.com is seeking a thoughtful and energetic User Engagement Manager to extend our content strategy. This key marketing role will support user engagement across a number of site sections, tools and traditional social media platforms. The User Engagement Manager will join their team in their Austin, Texas offices and will report to the Sr. Industry Analyst.
Social Media Management
The User Engagement Manager will work closely with members of the Editorial, PR and Marketing teams and be responsible for cultivating and maintaining engagement with consumers and the media via traditional social media (twitter and facebook), as well as encouraging and moderating user comments on various portions of the website. The User Engagement Manager will also be responsible for creating media interview recaps and leveraging them for additional media coverage.
Site Comment Moderation
- Plan and manage campaigns and day-to-day activities including, curating relevant content to reach consumers and other important stakeholders.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a conversational way.
- Collaborate on design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Report on social media status and progress.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
PR and Media Engagement Support
- We encourage users to ask questions, give advice and offer opinions on stories we create. The User Engagement Manager will answer user questions, evaluate comments for relevance and appropriateness in a timely fashion.
- Understand and manage to compliance standards.
- Our industry experts give dozens of radio and television interviews each month. To ensure we get maximum value from them, we must create a permanent, crawlable record of them and use them as pegs for deeper engagement with prominent members of the media. The User Engagement Manager will play an important role in developing and maintaining this capability.
- Collaborate on creation of weekly newsletter.
- Report on KPIs such as delivery rate, open rate and CTR.
- Recommend creative and platform improvements.
More is not always better. Better is better.
Success in this role is not based solely on generating more comments, or gaining more like and followers. We're focused on authenticity and the quality of the engagement.
- 2-4+ years of professional experience in similar or related roles dealing with online communication channels like social media, customer review sites, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills and excellent writing ability.
- A high degree of creativity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Background in journalism, PR or marketing a plus.
- Credit card marketing experience highly desired.
- Has a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year University or College, ideally in journalism or marketing.
CreditCards.com is the leading online marketing and publishing organization devoted to helping consumers make informed choices about credit cards. From our headquarters in Austin, TX, we operate 20 websites in 7 countries. Our technology powers hundreds of others, including Yahoo!, Kiplinger, Bankrate and Nasdaq. These websites also offer news articles, features and tools
all designed to help consumers in their search for a new credit card, or to better manage their existing credit cards.
We are part of Bankrate, Inc. (NYSE: RATE) and offer the benefits and stability of a large, public organization. However, we've maintained the entrepreneurial spirit, curiosity and focus that were foundational to our success.
We're a small, but energetic group that truly values work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and learning opportunities that come with being part of a small, fast-growing organization.
The Compliance Associate will ensure that our partner websites properly display and market the products of our marketing partners. Our marketing partners are generally the issuing banks.
This role reports to the Affiliate Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that affiliate websites display their products as required by the issuing banks
- Notify and follow-up with any affiliates that need to make modifications to their site
- Interact with the issuing banks to stay aware of current marketing guidelines
- Monitor marketing strategies of affiliate websites to ensure that their strategies are compliant with our partner guidelines
- Detail oriented
- Proficient online
- Knowledgeable of Excel and Word
- Strong writing skills
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Personable and ability to work well with others
- College graduate preferred
Digital Marketing Analyst
CreditCards.com is the leading online marketplace for credit cards. For consumers, we serve as an information portal where they can search, compare, and apply for the credit card that best meets their needs. For credit card issuers, we serve as one of their largest online marketing channels. We are a growing and award-winning company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bankrate, Inc. and led by a team of experienced Internet and information services executives.
We're a small, but, energetic group that truly values work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries and generous health benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement accounts and learning opportunities that come with being a part of a small growing company.
This position interacts with the day-to-day aspects of digital marketing and analysis, with an emphasis on display advertising. We are seeking an experienced professional to join a dynamic and innovative company. All candidates must have professional experience in digital marketing, analyzing large amounts of data and managing multiple tasks. A positive attitude and work ethic is also critical.
- Manage the company's display campaigns by establishing new campaigns, manage the banners and placements of new and existing campaigns, analyze campaign revenue and expenses and prepare reports to communicate the campaign performance to management.
- Identify new and/or additional marketing opportunities across several channels, including social and content marketing.
- Collaborate on display advertising strategy development.
- Manage the consistency of the display campaign messaging between networks.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on campaign performance.
- Stay abreast of new developments in digital marketing and provide suggestions to apply the new opportunities to our business.
- Develop expertise in and maintain proficiency in latest techniques of digital marketing through online and offline educational resources.
- Assist with the negotiation and placing of media buys.
- Provide input into new tools and services to add to our sites.
- Provide analysis and feedback to management for decision making.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for marketing campaigns.
- Assist in management and analysis of paid search program, as well as any new marketing channels.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- At least 2 years of experience in digital marketing, finance or business consulting.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to write targeted online advertising copy.
- Ability to produce effective ideas under tight timelines.
- Ability to function independently.
- Ability to take direction and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to follow through.
- Ability to deliver projects on time.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible and comfortable with the ups and downs of project cycles.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to be responsible to provide automated and manual verification of software and system solutions.
The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer position requires an individual ready to take on a very challenging role and have some ownership of the quality of the software being delivered. The successful candidate is an experienced, innovative, and who can coordinate simultaneous test efforts across multiple development teams as well as put in place policies and processes which drive the quality of our software. Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle with an emphasis on validation and deployment phases. Candidates must have working knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices including but not limited to governance, test management and automation tools and industry standard quality measures. Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
What You Will Be Doing:
What You Need:
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that you
are responsible for.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Own Continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and integrate test suite into CI cluster as applicable.
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
What We Desire:
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Strong experience in Automation tools frameworks, using Java/JUnit, TestNG, Webdriver, and PHPUnit.
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis)
- Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
System Administrator / Dev Ops Engineer
We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator ready to make an immediate impact with a fast growing, dynamic organization located in North Austin. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience in managing production servers providing online 24/7 web solutions. Experience in designing, building, and maintaining enterprise level hardware to provide critical services is a must. Ability to configure and automatically provision servers is required. The ideal candidate will have experience in Red Hat Linux or CentOS, is knowledgeable in securing a server, can work on servers remotely, is able to monitor system performance and network activity. Availability to be notified of system issues 24 hours a day 7 days a week is expected. To be successful at this position a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field of study is required.
- Configure and maintain security across multiple servers, VMs and other hosted environments
- Install and configure Web and Application Servers on Linux
- Install and configure Databases (MySQL) on Linux and Windows
- Document step by step installation procedures for version / platform combinations
- Perform basic System, Application Server, and Database Administration / tuning duties
- Troubleshoot problems with application server, database, and operating system setup
- Minimize machine setup time and reduce downtime
- Develop and implement backup and emergency restoration policies
- Develop automation scripts for configuration, backup, and restoration
- Configure custom automation tools and utilities on multiple platforms
- Allocate and track server assignments for different groups and projects
- Monitor production server performance and network activity
- Extensive experience with Linux Servers and CentOS
- Advanced Mastery of Linux System Administration
- Expert skills with TCP/IP, firewalls, DNS, packet sniffers, routers, switches, network protocol topology
- Strong scripting skills
- High interest in automation and scalable solutions
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to re-configure test software / hardware from scratch
- Experience with provisioning software solutions to large number of servers
- Ability to accurately estimate software / hardware configuration setup time
- Ability to troubleshoot software / hardware configuration problems
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs, including on-call rotation
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- This is not a telecommute or contract position
- No H1 sponsorship available
- Equal opportunity employer
CreditCards.com is seeking a skilled and hardworking individual for its marketing team who would help build its credit card reviews. The position is an editorial one, but it would also need to be able to keep abreast of and conform to compliance requirements imposed by credit card issuers.
- Help in fine-tuning ranking criteria to apply consistent measuring and analyzing credit card offers.
- Oversee research into those market offers, building an deep knowledge of card offers in the market.
- Work with editorial and marketing team to create and keep up to date product reviews.
- Help create the review pages online, applying both editorial skills and best-practice search engine techniques to help the reviews gain prominence.
- Monitor current offers in the market and competitive websites' content to identify opportunities.
- Analyze and report performance of the reviews pages.
- Update credit card review pages with new information in a timely manner.
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, finance, marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge about personal finance, preferably credit cards
- Ability to take data and present it in an engaging way.
- Web experience, including basic HTML skills, highly desired.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience